Clearway Community Solar
2019 Essay Scholarship Rules Form
Below are the rules (“Rules”) for the Clearway Community Solar 2019 Essay Scholarship (“Contest”) from Clearway Community Solar LLC (“Clearway”). By signing this form and submitting your essay (“Essay”), you accept and agree with the Rules. This Rules Form must be received by Clearway with your Essay, photo, and signed Consent Form. The Rules Form must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plagiarized, in any part or in full, essays submissions to Contest will be automatically disqualified or revoked.
- The Essay must meet the topic and criteria selected by Clearway posted at [website].
- Employees of Clearway, Adapt Partners, their boards of directors and immediate family members are not eligible for this Contest.
- Applicants must sign a marketing agreement that allows Clearway to use their name, photo, and essay for commercial use.
- Entry must be received by 11:59 PM EST on X, 2019, unless extended by Clearway.
- All Contest submissions become property of Clearway to use, reproduce or distribute as it sees fit in its sole discretion, although authorship will be acknowledged.
- Clearway will make every reasonable attempt to read and judge every essay timely submitted, but Clearway is not responsible for failure to read and/or judge any essay. Incomplete Contest entries will be disqualified.
- Any prize or other item for which a contestant may become entitled as a result of his/her participation in this Contest is subject to immediate revocation in the event of the discovery of a contestant’s failure to comply with these Rules.
- The number of prizes and the dollar amount of prizes may change at Clearway‘s sole discretion at any time.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States of America and a full-time undergraduate college student in the United States of America to participate in the Contest. Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a degree program in Environmental Science, Sustainable Studies, Industrial Technology, Energy and Sustainability Policy, Energy Commerce, or Environmental Engineering at a US institution. Winners are required to provide their social security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to Clearway for issuance of a 1099 Form, as required. All federal, state, local and other taxes and charges on prizes will be the sole responsibility of the contestant.
- By participating in this Contest and/or accepting a prize, contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Clearway, its managers, members, directors, officers, and employees, from and against any and all liability and costs in connection with any claim from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
- Under no circumstances shall Clearway, its managers, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, investors or licensors, be liable to the contestant for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages.
- If there are changes to these Rules, they will be sent by email and will be considered read and accepted by the contestant. If they are not acceptable, the contestant may withdraw from this essay Contest.
- Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to Texas law, without reference to its conflict of law principles. The contestant’s participation in the Contest shall constitute consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Texas and agreement that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
- Winners will be announced on X, 2019.
Download Rules Form (@todo -when PDF is final )